Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Enjoy this tour for groups of around 35 people and visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Discover an 800-year-old underground world with an expert guide on this 4-hour guided tour. You will visit 20 underground chambers over 3 kilometres long and 135 metres below ground level. Save time without queuing at the Wieliczka Salt Mine!
- Enjoy an air-conditioned minibus transfer experience from Krakow to the Wieliczka Salt Mine .
- Delve into the history of the salt mine with a professional local guide for a tour of about 4 hours.
- This activity, for groups of about 35 people, includes entrance tickets to the salt mines.
- Guided tour of Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Entrance to the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Modern, air-conditioned van.
Select participants and date
What to expect
Enjoy an organised transfer for groups of around 35 people by air-conditioned minibus from Krakow to the Wieliczka Salt Mines. On this approximately 4-hour guided tour you will take an exciting journey into the depths through chambers, corridors, salt chapels and lakes.
Throughout this 3 kilometre tour, 135 metres underground, a local guide will take you through the historic underground city with its many wonderful stories and legends.
More than 300 kilometres of galleries, amazing underground lakes and hundreds of rooms decorated with sculptures make the Wieliczka salt mines one of the most visited places in Poland. This monument, a World Heritage Site since 1978, is the only facility in the world that has been in operation since the Middle Ages.
You will see beautiful chambers, part of which are chapels and one of which has as its patron saint St. Kinga, one of the most popular saints in the country. The chapel of St. Kinga is one of the biggest attractions of the whole mine. It is a gigantic church, some 1,000 square metres in size, built from thousands of tons of ore and featuring a huge statue of John Paul II, illuminated by large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Krakow
Auschwitz Day Trip from Krakow
Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Wawel Castle Guided Tour
Krakow Schindler's Factory Guided Tour
Krakow Segway Tour
Krakow Chopin Piano Concert Tickets
Krakow Shooting Range Experience
Warsaw Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Beer Tour
Krakow Vodka Tour