Venice Gondola Ride
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Glide along the largest canal in the city of Venice on a gondola ride lasting between 30 and 50 minutes. With a gondolier at the helm, choose between a private or shared ride, and let yourself be carried along the Grand Canal.
From a traditional Venetian gondola, pass under centuries-old bridges and look out over the famous canal with incredible views of the palaces, La Fenice Theatre, the Church of Santa Maria Della Salute and much more.
- Discover the soul of Venice on a gondola ride along the Grand Canal .
- With a live guide, if you select the included option, learn all about the palaces, churches and magnificent Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
- You can choose a shared gondola ride, with a maximum of 5 people per gondola .
- You will also have the option to book a private ride for a unique and exclusive experience.
- Private gondola ride without live commentary (If you choose this option)
- Daytime shared gondola ride: live commentary and mobile application (if this option is chosen)
- Shared night gondola ride: live commentary and mobile application (if this option is chosen)
Select participants and date
What to expect
Travel along Venice's Grand Canal aboard a gondola. Depending on the option you choose, you can have the commentary of a guide, either directly or with a mobile app that you can download to your own device.
During the tour you'll be able to enjoy the best views of some of the most striking buildings in the whole city. You can choose between a shared gondola (about 5 people) or book a private ride just for you and your group.
Aboard one of these Venetian gondolas, you'll cruise along the Grand Canal of Venice while gazing out over the water at, among others, the following sites:
- Ca Giustinian Gothic Palace, also known as Palazzo Giustinian.
- Punta Della Dogana, where you will be able to see the incessant traffic of all kinds of boats.
- St. Mark's Square, with a unique view of this square located in the heart of the city.
- The canals around the Fenice Theatre, one of the most prestigious in the world.
- Church of Santa Maria della Salute, built in memory of the end of the plague.
- Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, with its Renaissance basilica.
This tour will also give you an insight into the fascinating history and romantic world of the famous gondolas and gondoliers.