Guided tour of the Baths of Caracalla and the Circus Maximus
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Travel back in time to the heyday of the Roman imperial era with this tour where you'll relive the past at the apotheosic Baths of Caracalla, a thermal baths hall of ancient Rome.
You will contemplate the grandeur of the capital from the Aventine Hill and experience the legendary chariot races in the Circus Maximus on two-wheeled vehicles driven by four horses.
- Visit the Circus Maximus, the Baths of Caracalla and the Aventine Hill
- Learn how these monuments were protagonists of ancient Rome with an expert guide.
- Receive personalised attention thanks to a group of around 10 people
- Relive Rome's historical events in person in the places where they happened
- Peek through the Keyhole from the Aventine Hill and see the dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Guided tour of the Circus Maximus
- Guided tour of the Baths of Caracalla
- Guided tour of the Aventine Hill
- Queue-free access
Select participants and date
What to expect
Join this guided tour where an expert will tell you the secrets of ancient Rome.
You will also learn about the famous chariot races of the imperial era by visiting the Circus Maximus in small groups of around 10 people per tour.
This hippodrome hosted games in which the locals bet on their favourite competitors: gladiators in command of two-wheeled vehicles driven at full speed by four horses.
From the top of the Aventine Hill you can enjoy an exceptional view of the city and see its churches. This legendary hill was the site of imposing temples and is part of the legend of Romulus and Remus, which led to the founding of Rome.
You will have the opportunity to peek through the Keyhole, the hole in a door through which the dome of St. Peter's Basilica can be seen. You will also walk through the beautiful Orange Garden that will make you feel centuries back in time.
The adventure will be even more amazing as you pass by the Baths of Caracalla, a historic hot springs complex built in 206 AD where the Romans bathed and recreated.
Its ancient architecture will dazzle you with marble sculptures, open-air pools and three bathing chambers: Caldarium, Tepidarium and Frigidarium, each with a different water temperature.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Rome
Guide tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
Offer: Tickets to Roman Forum + Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Guided tour
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Tour
Rome Shuttle Bus: Fiumicino Airport To-From Rome City Center
Guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica with access to the dome
Rome Shuttle Bus: Ciampino Airport To-From Rome City Center
Rome Vatican and Sistine Chapel Skip-the-Line Tickets
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill Tickets
Rome Gallery Borghese Tickets